On the Israeli violations in al-Aqsa Mosque, Hamas Movement stated the following:
The leadership of Hamas movement held an urgent meeting on the ongoing dangerous Israeli violations in Al-Aqsa Mosque. Indeed, the Israeli occupation took new measures in Al-Aqsa on the Day of Eid Al-Adha which are still ongoing. All of these violations are perpetrated under an Israeli scheme that targets Al-Aqsa and Jerusalem. Hamas leadership has thoroughly discussed the new developments and contacted many officials and non-official bodies, governments, parties, and figures in the Arab and Islamic Ummah.
Hamas confirms to the whole world that Jerusalem is a red line and that any Israeli aggression against Al-Aqsa Mosque is an attack against the Arab and Islamic Ummah, above all the steadfast Palestinian people. Furthermore, any Israeli violation against al-Aqsa is enough to trigger an uprising in Palestine. Upon this, the Hamas Movement states the following:
- We hail our people in Jerusalem and the Palestinian defenders of al-Aqsa Mosque.
- We call upon Arab and Islamic leaders and governments to fulfill their responsibilities towards al-Aqsa, which is the Muslims’ first Qibla and their third holiest shrine. Now, al-Aqsa is facing an abhorrent Israeli violation and is being desecrated by Israeli settlers. In addition, the Israeli occupation has a dangerous plan to divide Al-Aqsa Mosque and to establish the alleged temple on the ruins of the mosque. In fact, Arab and Islamic leaders must take action to save the mosque. Otherwise, they will have a shame recorded in history that will keep chasing them.
- We call on the leadership of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to play an active role in protecting Al-Aqsa and Jerusalem. We call upon King Abdullah II to convert condemnation into actions that protect Al-Aqsa Mosque from Israeli aggression.
- We call upon King Mohammed VI of Morocco, the president of Al-Quds committee, to provide protection for al-Aqsa Mosque. He should increase pressure at international forums to criminalise the Israeli occupation for its violations.
- We call on senior officials in the Palestinian Authority to abandon unserious announcements that they name as decisions and to take serious actions to protect Al-Aqsa. The simplest thing they could do is removing the security grip and allowing the Palestinian people in the West Bank to resist the Israeli occupation. The PA-affiliated security forces must stop chasing Palestinian freedom fighters. Indeed, this step is enough to stop Israel violations in Al-Aqsa.
- We call on the Palestinian people residing in Palestine or in the diaspora, especially our people in 1948 occupied territories, to take a comprehensive action and to stay in al-Aqsa continually. The Israeli occupation must understand that playing in al-Aqsa is playing with fire that will be met with fire.
- Hamas stresses that targeting al-Aqsa is part of the ‘Deal of Century’, which has dangerous outcomes on the Palestinian people. This plot can only be tackled through national unity based on real and honest partnership. Today, we call for holding a meeting for the secretaries-general of the Palestinian factions entitled, “Protection for Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque” to tackle the Israeli violations in the holy city.
- Hamas leadership calls on the Palestinian masses residing in Palestine or in the diaspora to defend Al-Aqsa. We stress on the importance of participating in the huge gathering on August 23, 2019 at the Great Return March, which coincides with the anniversary of burning Al-Aqsa Mosque in 1969. On this occasion, we will confirm our historical rights to occupied Jerusalem. In addition, we will highlight the importance of protecting Islamic and Christian holy places.
August 15, 2019