On Formation of a New Palestinian Government
In light of claims that PLO Executive Committee has commissioned Azzam al-Ahmad to make consultations on forming a new government that would replace the national consensus government to be dismissed, Hamas stresses the following:
- The PLO executive committee is not pertinent to the government's formation. Consequently, it is required that the provisional leading frame be called to follow up all files of reconciliation.
- Hamas calls upon the Palestinian factions that signed the Cairo agreement to initiate a comprehensive dialogue in order to fully implement reconciliation agreements and its different files, mainly the formation of a national unity government.
- In accordance with what has been agreed upon in the reconciliation agreement, the new government to be formed must be a caretaker government, and not committed to a political program.
- Before it tends to its tasks, the new government must obtain the vote of confidence from the Palestinian Legislative Council "PLC".
- The new government must settle the file of Gaza staff immediately with no preconditions.
The Islamic Resistance Movement- Hamas
June 27, 2015