In the name of Allah the most Merciful
Press Statement issued by:
Dr. Salah Al-Bardawil, member of the Political Bureau of the Islamic Resistance Movement "Hamas".
The time has come to end the division
In light of the political turmoil taking over the region and the continuous Israeli assaults and their denial of our people’s rights, we Hamas confirm the following:
1. In confirmation to the statements made by the head of Hamas' political bureau, Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas is extending its hand to a Palestinian reconciliation on a clear, sound and in-depth bases.
2. We demand the immediate removal of all the measures imposed on Gaza under the pretext of the formation of the Governmental Administrative Committee.
3. Hamas is preparing to end the Governmental Committee as soon as the Consensus Government carries out its responsibilities towards the Gaza Strip.
4. initiate an immediate national dialogue and consultations to form a national unity government.
5. Activating the Palestinian Legislative Council by consensus to carry out its duties.
6. Preparation for presidential, legislative and national council elections.
7. Convening an immediate meeting of the PLO's provisional leadership framework to take binding national decisions for all while keeping the Palestinian people’s interests as top priority.
Dr. Salah Al-Bardawil
Member of the Political Bureau of Hamas
3 August 2017