Commenting on the remarks made by the member of Hamas Political Bureau Fathi Hammad while speaking the Palestinian protesters who gathered at the Great Return March on July 12, 2019, Hamas states the following:
Hamas has reviewed the remarks made by Hammad and decided to clarify the following points:
First: These remarks do not reflect the official stances of Hamas and its policy, which state that our struggle is only against the Israeli occupation which occupies our land and desecrates our holy places. Again, our struggle is not with Jews elsewhere or with Judaism as a religion. Hamas has condemned and continues to condemn any attacks against the Jews and their worship houses worldwide.
Second: The Great March of Return is a peaceful popular demonstration that aims to reinforce the Palestinian right of return, as well as to break the 13-year Israeli siege imposed on Gaza. The national consensus that the march is popular and peaceful does not give the Israeli occupation forces the green light to target and kill the peaceful protesters.
We call on the Palestinian people to follow the decisions of and participate in the activities organised by the Higher National Committee of the Great March of Return.
Third: We reiterate our appreciation to all mediators, above all our Egyptian brothers, for their endeavours to break the siege imposed on the Gaza Strip and to achieve the national Palestinian unity.
The Palestinian Islamic Movement Hamas
July 15, 2019
- Statement on announcement of Jerusalem Week
- Palestinian women play prominent role in struggle against occupation
- Hamas congratulates its leader on release from Israeli jail
- Hamas condemns laws and resolutions issued by PA with no legal grounds
- Hamas condemns US opposition to probing Israeli crimes
- Cairo talks to address Palestinian National Council, PLO
- Abbas’ recent decrees aimed to control Palestinian political system
- Israel's vaccine apartheid is a violation of international law
- Hamas hails Palestinian protests against Israeli racism in occupied Palestine
- Hamas hails ICC's probe into Israeli crimes against Palestinians
- Badran: No alternative for Palestinian unity to face dangers posed to Palestinian cause
- Israeli detention campaigns aimed to affect Palestinian election results
- The massacre of Ibrahimi Mosque
- Hamas chief meets diplomats in Doha, briefs them on recent developments
- Israeli occupation detained 450 Palestinians, razed 58 properties in January