Commenting on developments in southeast Syria, Hamas states the following:
Hamas follows up the developments that take place in southeast Syria with great interest, and the movement stresses the following points:
- Hamas hails the Turkish stances in support of the Palestinian cause and the Palestinian people, the last of these positions was the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s speech at the UN General Assembly.
- Hamas does understand that Turkey has the right to secure its borders and defend itself against plots orchestrated by the Mossad that threaten its national security, given that the Mossad spares no effort to threaten security of the region.
- The Syrian territories shall be united and all of its borders shall be protected.
- Hamas urges the region’s countries to resolve the disputes and problems in the region. Instead, they should focus on resolving the issues of our Ummah, above all Palestinian cause, Jerusalem that is attacked by Israeli occupation on a daily basis, and Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- Hamas confirms that any American or Israeli presence in the region is rejected because it may trigger future upheavals. Therefore, the US should fully withdraw from the region.
Monday, October 14, 2019